Welcome to the Immigrant Parents, Adolescents, AND Children Thriving Lab at UC Merced.
Our lab will be accepting students for Fall 2021. Please contact Dr. Bamaca (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested!
Thank you for your interest in our work at the IMPACT lab. Our research focuses on immigrant families with adolescents and children, largely focused on Latinx families. We hope that this website can give you an overview of our past, current, and future work as well as of our team comprised of graduate students, undergrads, and faculty. Dr. Bámaca-Colbert recently moved to University of California, Merced in the Psychology Department. This website currently features the team from Penn State University (where Dr. B spent 12 years). We will be adding our team from UC Merced as they join our lab. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions!
What is currently going on in the IMPACT LAB!?
- Dr. B recently accepted a new position as Associate Professor in Developmental Psychology at University of California, Merced. She will be accepting PhD students for Fall 2021.
- We have a newly minted PhD. Dr. Lorena Aceves successfully defended her dissertation focused on Latinx females' academic motivation and policy efforts to support Latinx youth's education attainment. She will serving as a AAAS/SRCD Federal Policy Postdoctoral Fellow at the Administration for Children and Families' Office of Head Start.
- Griselda Martinez will continue to be co-advised by Dr. B and Dr. Jennifer Maggs through the completion of her PhD program at Penn State.
- Jasmin Castillo is currently writing her master thesis with Dr. B.
- Dr. Daniel Cooper will continue collaborations with Dr. B and other professors at Penn State.